We love our guests at Asa Ransom House and in honor of Valentine’s Day we are giving you a present. We also recognize that Valentine’s Day is only one day yet friends, family, and lovebirds share their fondness for each other every day. So, we have decided to present special treats to you, our guests and friends, from now until April.
Valentine’s Day Special
- We are sharing our love with a complimentary bottle of wine, chocolate-covered strawberries, and late check-out. Simply stay with us between Sunday, February 12 and Thursday, February 16 and mention the code LOVENEST when you call.
- Everyone likes something sweet at the end of their meal. We are making that something even sweeter by offering a complimentary dessert to share to couples who order two entrees at our restaurant. Offer valid on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from February 21 until March 2.
Second Night Free
- Stay at Asa Ransom House any night in March or April and we’ll pay for your second night. Advance reservations and dinner in the restaurant one evening required.
There is always so much to do in the Clarence and Buffalo area. Check out these events and activities while staying with us:
- Winter Blues Ice Crawl – Think bicycles are just for summer months? Think again. Enjoy drink specials at six different establishments accessible via bike (or walk or take the shuttle). The February 18 event will conclude with live music from 8-11pm. Tickets available online: discovermainstreet.org/2017/01/21/winter-blues-ice-crawl-latest-in-bike-friendly-pub-crawl-series/ Fat Tire Bike rentals are available through Tom’s Pro Bikes.
- Moon Over Buffalo – This hilarious play is being performed at the Lancaster Opera House the last two weekends in February. A Few Good Men, the Broadway hit popularized by the film, will be arriving the first two weekends in March. www.lancopera.org/
- The Ice at Canalside – There is something for everyone here. Rent ice skates or ice bikes, try your hand at curling, sample mulled cider and wine, witness public art installations, or go shopping across the street at the Shops at Harborcenter. Most of our rooms have fireplaces; curl up together after being out in the cold. www.canalsidebuffalo.com/visit-canalside/
- Tea at Asa Ransom House – Sip tea and nibble on scones, sandwiches, and sweets every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday afternoon at the inn. Be sure to make a reservation when you book your room.
- Live Music – Follow Discover Main Street Clarence (discovermainstreet.org/) to see where the bands are playing each week.
- Buffalo Sabres – It’s hockey season. Plan a visit for one of the multiple dates that the Sabres are in town. www.nhl.com/sabres/schedule/2016/ET/fullseason
- Buffalo Zoo – Tickets to the zoo are only $5 in February. Avoid the crowds and watch the animals play in the snow. buffalozoo.org/
- Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens – The gardens are transformed with light during Lumagination (presented until February 21). Visit the Orchid Show February 25-26. Plus, the Aquatic Garden and Asian Rainforest just reopened after being closed for renovation. www.buffalogardens.com/